October 16, 2013

Autumn Mix #7: In The Red


Holy Ghost's new album Dynamics blew right by me when it was released a month ago. The first half of the record has a kind of meh "modern rock" sound (think Phoenix), but the latter half is heavily influenced (blatantly so) by Tangerine Dream. That translates into a kind of sleek elegance. The album's penultimate song, In The Red, is such a smooth dream... the warmest song on the record and my shortest fave of the year.



I included a pic of the band because the Robert Longo artwork on the album cover freaks me out.





6 comments:

Jason @ Electric Avenue said...

One of my faves of the year too. Electropop with a few unexpected surprises.

disko interruptus said...

The cover image borders on grotesque! Lol. Great album, but nothing on Australian act World's End Press, whose self-titled debut is streets ahead of this good effort by Holy Ghost. Trust me!

xolondon said...

*runs to iTunes*

MrNewmoononmonday said...

This blew past me too. Thank you for the reminder, listening to it now, it's great. I think it's so sweet that the artwork freaks you out. :) ...I checked out World's End Press, as well, and they're fantastic.

xolondon said...

Ooh good we're having a social media moment here with suggestions (re WEP)

disko interruptus said...

I have your back on Australian acts!

My guilty pleasure at the moment is Tina Arena's 'You Set Fire To My Life'. Mature pop at its finest.