July 31, 2013

Artwork 2013: Rhye




I recently purchased some vinyl and the most beautiful of the records I bought is the Rhye LP, Woman. That's the album cover at top, with the single covers beneath it. Michael Milosh, the voice of Rhye, prefers to remain somewhat elusive. He even performed in the dark for KCRW. This image is thought to be him...


The Rhye artwork was created by Stuart Hardie. The LP is amazing - my favorites are The Fall and Major Minor Love, but the whole album is great. Hear more. I purchased my vinyl LP from Electric Avenue outside of Philly.





4 comments:

Jason @ Electric Avenue said...

Thanks for the shoutout! It is a really great album, and the more I play it, the more I love it. Talk about a true grower! Lately that song about "Pretty Summer Days" has been haunting me. The wispy guitars, the restrained sax, soothing vocals...it's all a little Cocteau Twins VICTORIALAND. And that is a VERY high compliment. Cover images are so beautiful.

edward kornegay said...

I love that you gave a shout out to Electric Avenue music! Also, if its still in print the lead singer had a album out a few years back under the name Milosh. It's titled Meme, a pretty good release if you can find it. Love the blog- keep up the good work.

xolondon said...

Hi Edward! Will always support Jason and indie record stores... :)

Christal said...

This is gorgeous!