April 7, 2013

Jessie Ware premieres Imagine It Was Us

Jessie Ware's
new single is wrecking me. An early contender for the best song of 2013, Imagine It Was Us betters the already near perfect Devotion. The track, produced with collaborator Julio Bashmore, brings a welcome beat and sensuality to the album. She makes it seem so effortless.

The video, like the arrangement, has threads of the early 90's. As Pepper La'Beija once said, You can become anything and do anything, right here, right now. It won’t be questioned. I came. I saw. I conquered. That’s a ball.”  Jessie Ware isn't in Vogue, she is vogue.


Jason @ Electric Avenue said...

Thanks so much for this! Wildest Moments was my favorite song up to this. It's like a great yet subtle mix of Lisa Stansfield and Madonna, and elevates her to another level. I think she needed to do something with a little more commercial appeal for balance, and this more than fits the bill with class. Brava!

John said...

It's got that early 90s vibe, but I also get some Kylie a la "Spinning Around" as well. No matter what influences are there, it's still an amazing jam.