January 25, 2013

You're my pretty boy, always


Canadian band Young Galaxy takes it to the next level with the unbelievably gorgeous first single from their fourth album, Ultramarine. For me, Pretty Boy is all about three elements: that insistent rhythm, the violin ribboned throughout the song and the vulnerable performance by vocalist Catherine McCandless. Listen for yourself...


Pretty Boy
will be available to purchase on February 5th, with the album to follow in late April. Ultramarine was recorded in Sweden with producer/remixer Dan Lissvik.



3 comments:

countpopula said...

I loved this song right away as well. The band were very smart to go back to Dan Lissvik who did their last great album. Did they actually record together in Sweden this time, or was it over traded files and a Skype situation like the last one? This bodes very well for the full length!

yeasty said...

Wow, fantastic! Dan Lissvik is a great choice, he just made this fabulous remix for Haim's "Forever" which I actually prefer to the original version!

I didn't even know Young Galaxy had a new album out... this is why I love your blog so much! Also great posts on Del & Xavier and the new Stars EP! x

xolondon said...

To Countpopula, I think they WENT to Sweden (see their site). And yes, yeasty, I love that Haim remix. :)