November 23, 2012

Pay attention to... Lexy And The Kill

I love Scotland, so it's always a thrill when a band comes along that evokes - to my ears anyway -  that country's history, landscapes and moodiness. Lexy And The Kill have just released their first track and it's superb. The quintet's sound reminds me of a bit of what the brilliant Rose Elinor Dougall did with her last LP. You never know how a band is going to stretch out after one good song, but all the elements are in place if they really focus on amazing songs. Lexy, who is only 20 but has a voice like a smoke ring, says...
My band and I have supported the likes of Paloma Faith and We Are Scientists and after much hard graft, Rope Swing is the first little track to go out into the big wide world! It's loosely based on Ian McEwan's novel On Chesil Beach (don't let that put you off!!!) and I wrote it on my best friend's windowsill.

Here is Rope Swing, which you can download for free:



Follow Lexy And The Kill on Twitter and Facebook

No comments: