October 10, 2012

Gabriel Bruce's perfect Perfect Weather

GREAT TUNE.

What we know:  Gabriel Bruce is a 23 yr old Brit. The Guardian compared him to Leonard Cohen, Nick Cave, and Johnny Cash, but I'd add in Bowie and Iggy Pop. But oh can he dance. Watch his thrilling new video below (be patient, the amazing bit comes about 2/3 of the way in).

I admit I'm not a fan of his earlier single, Sleep Paralysis. It was a bit droney, but Perfect Weather hits the sweet spot, so I have hopes for the debut album, Love In Arms. It's been pushed from October to February, probably to get him onto the Beeb's Sound of 2013. Love In Arms has 11 tracks: Dark Lights, Shine Loud, Honey Honey Honey, Sleep Paralysis,Greedy Little Heart, El Musgo, Zoe, Cars Not Leaving, All That I Have, If Only In Words, Perfect Weather, Sermon On The Mount.

Keep listening.

3 comments:

countpopula said...

Finally got round to watching this, and, just, WOW. It's been a while since I've seen a unique and singular talent with a voice like that. Bowie and Iggy are probably more apt references than Cohen or Cash, although I guess we'll have to see where he goes from here. Leave it to one guy, some interpretive dance moves, and white cliffs to hold my interest for nearly four minutes! Transfixing...

Trixie said...

This is cool. It's a bit Divine Comedy!

xolondon said...

Glad y'all like this. Nobody noticed it when I put it on my Facebook before. Those philistines!