August 23, 2012

Marina talks to America



Marina Diamandis spoke to Huffington Post this week about her brilliant pop record, Electra Heart. I urge you all to read it. Best interview I've seen with her on the topic. Hat tip to its writer, Noah Michelson. Here's a teaser quote from Marina...
Once I was speaking with a journalist about The Outsider [song on Marina's debut] and they asked "How can you be an outsider, you're beautiful?" I replied A) You don't know what I look like without all this on [gestures to makeup and clothes] B) you don't know if I like myself and C) just because you're beautiful doesn't mean that everything is perfect. But even when I see a beautiful woman I think Aw, her life must be amazing. Everyone does it. That's human nature to believe that beauty is everything.
Marina and the Diamonds

No comments: