July 18, 2012

Stars release one of THE songs of 2012



Stars' new album, The North, is due out on September 4. I recently did a review of it for the September issue of Instinct Magazine. The album, solid across the board, is notable for what may be their finest piece of music to date: Hold On When You Get Love And Let Go When You Give It. Which is saying a lot from a band that has crafted so many beautiful songs.

I love this t-shirt worthy gem: "Take the weakest thing in you and then beat the bastards with it / And always hold on when you get love so you can let go when you give it."


Tight.

The final 90 seconds, with that aching New Order-ish guitar, is chill inducing. I can't even quote it without expiring right now, it's so sad and beautiful.



Almost 13 years in, this band still knows how set itself on fire creatively. The North pre-order is up now on US iTunes.

4 comments:

CarolynG said...

Gorgeous song on every level. Pre-ordered. Bring on September!

tCiY said...

"I love this t-shirt worthy gem: 'Take the weakest thing in you and then beat the bastards with it / And always hold on when you get love so you can let go when you give it.'"

yes! I'd like to get a shirt saying this as well! :)

Beautiful song, I'm sure the rest of the album will be as lovely!

Joshua Curtis said...

I just posted the lines you quoted as a status. It is really good and I don't just mean the words, the entire song is ace! I am definitely playing this on a party I am throwing a mate this weekend.

Michael said...

Wow, great song.