March 12, 2012

Melody Gardot



Melody Gardot's Our Love Is Easy is literally one of my favorite songs. I first heard it in a beautiful shop in Paris two years ago and asked the salesgirl who she was playing. She told me and I've loved Melody ever since. She gets lumped in with artists like Michael Buble, but when she's great she purrs.

Her new album, The Absence, is due out May 29. Apparently it's inspired by "the deserts of Morocco, the streets of Lisbon ....the tango bars of Buenos Aires to the beaches of Brazil." Watch the teaser above to hear a bit of new track My Heart Won't Have It Any Other Way.

Tracklist:

1. Mira
2. Amalia
3. So Long
4. So We Meet Again My Heartache
5. Lisboa
6. Impossible Love
7. If I Tell You I Love You I'm Lying
8. Goodbye
9. Se Voce Me Ama
10. My Heart Won't Have It Any Other Way
11. Yemanja

2 comments:

countpopula said...

I love Melody Gardot. It appears as though this may be the sexiest marketing campaign she's done yet.

xolondon said...

She is underrated, I think.