March 24, 2012

I want someone who can make me fall in love



Bright Light Bright Light has done it again. He's just released a new single on iTunes (worldwide) and it's pure class. Waiting For The Feeling is perhaps the most apropos BLx2 track yet, because it's rooted in 90's house music (Rod is obsessed with the nineties). Make Me Believe In Hope, the debut album, is finally out on June 4th via Aztec Records.

The video below, directed by Alun Davies, is gorgeous to watch, primarily because of the color palette. Rod says the look of Beetlejuice was a reference point, but I also see fashion spreads of the late 80's and 90's; some of the clothing is a bit buffalo style. I also love the visual motif of the hands on Rod's head. The whole thing has a sensibility that reminds of Roisin Murphy's videos a few years back.



Note that his website has a bootleg mixed called Waiting For The Passion that's BLx2 vs Gat Decor. The remix EP is out on April 30th, but you can buy the single now on iTunes: [UK] [US] [CA] [FR] [DE] [ES] [AU]

If you're unfamiliar with Rod's 2010/2011 tracks, here they are, all solid:

Disco Moment




Love Part II



Cry At Films



How To Make A Heart



He also has a beautiful acoustic EP on US iTunes called Blueprints. The title track is one of the best of 2012.

5 comments:

countpopula said...

I just wish this guy would get on with it and release his album already. I'm waiting P-A-T-I-E-N-T-L-Y to buy a physical copy. His singles have all been exceptional. Reminds me of how long Sound of Arrows made me wait. Oh well, their album was incredible. Makes me hopeful...

xolondon said...

You can guess that getting the right label to release it is probably at the heart in this era. I suspect Rod would have liked to release it sooner if he'd had his way, but he has had time to perfect it!

LaReputada said...

June seems so far away... we want the album now!

xolondon said...

I hear ya!! xo

djFK said...

I like it, but still prefer "disco moment" over it. Rod's fantastic anyway! Will be buying the album.