October 27, 2011

R.E.M. A final single...

and it's beautiful. We All Go Back To Where We Belong:

The upcoming hits collection will include two more new songs: A Month of Saturdays and Hallelujah.

I haven't liked R.E.M. much for about 15 years, but I am still gutted about their demise. I hope Mr. Stipe does some inventive solo work... I'd love to hear his voice in a new musical environment.


John said...

I can't say I've been their biggest fan in the past few years, but I have respect for their last two albums. "We All Go Back..." is a fitting exit, but I wish they hadn't stepped into the "Hallelujah" mess, even if the song fits Michael Stipe better than any other living person.

Diva Incarnate said...

I got the Up album, which had some nice moments on it, and the Liz Phair album that was produced by one of them. Needless to say I'm not that knowledgeable about them.