August 12, 2011
The Nicola: Are you gonna take this golden opportunity?
10+1 Thoughts on Lucky Day by The Nicola (Roberts)
1. The song is already in the pantheon for its kissing sequence (0:27) "mwah mwah mwah mwah!"
2. Is that a wig?
3. I suspect this will be the album's Big Pop Moment. It's a Dragonette track, for godssake.
4. Hiring dancers to work for FIVE seconds, starting at 1:24
5. The revelation at 1:33 that The Nicola is a proponent of sperm
6. Thematic dance move in Lucky Day: use of imaginary finger cymbals
7. The moments (1:15, 2:55) when she looks like she cannot be bothered to lip sync. So Debbie Harry, that.
8. Banji Realness at 1:50 (translation: drag queen fierceness)
9. The hair flick at 2:33 is legend-making
10. The right? look at 3:06
11. Where is Samantha Jones? [Answer: uptown]