June 21, 2011

Red alert! New Laura Marling album

It is official: The Fanning sister of folkpop,
Laura Marling, has a new album, A Creature I Don't Know, out on September 12th. Once again produced by Ethan Johns, song titles include Night After Night and Sophia.

For those of you who don't know Marling or have only heard her name, now is the time to investigate her. Laura's 2010 album, I Speak Because I Can, is an instant classic. Passionate songs and production. Her voice will be around for a very long time.

Here is a strangely Almodovarian teaser for the new record:

Here are two 2010 videos- both brilliant songs...

Devil's Spoke

Rambling Man

It's funny how the first chords that you come to
Are the minor notes that come to serenade you
It's hard to accept yourself as someone
You don't desire
As someone you don't want to be

1 comment:

countpopula said...

Very excited about this! Her last album was a complete surprise for me and one of my favorites last year. Her talent is undeniable, and I cannot wait to hear more. Thanks for the heads up!