May 19, 2011

Medina: You left me in the gutter



Sleek.

Both the song and the video are pretty sophisticated. Next level stuff for the Danish diva Medina, who looks much edgier as a bottle blond. Last year I fell for the Deadmau5 remix of her track You And I (hear it), but kind of hated the original (hear it). Whoops. Her new US single is Addiction, but it's Gutter that lifts her above that anonymous international disco thing that's so prevalent in Europe. This is much subtler and more melancholy.

The album this is culled from,
Welcome To Medina, was released last summer internationally and is due in the US soon. Read an interview with her at Pop In Stereo and get Gutter on iTunes now.

4 comments:

countpopula said...

Nice song, but I prefer my Medina funky AND cold.

Michael said...

I really like her album. I liked the Dash Berlin remix of You And I better than the Deadmau5 one though.

loveincminor.com said...

Sorry I have to disagree - to my ears it sounds like all the generic euro-pop-trance that is frankly doing my head in. To the point where I'm not reading pop blogs as much because it's all I hear. (yours excluded - and I'm not just being kind)

monkeydrum said...

Never heard of her before but I love her voice. It reminds me a lot of Sherrie Lea who did a great version of Sade's "No Ordinary Love" quite a few years ago. Will investigate Medina further . . .