April 2, 2011

London, I love you

Can you guess why I think CocknBullKid's swirling new single, Asthma Attack, is her best yet? Hmmm?



I love CocknBullKid's demeanor, which is totally chilled. In an age of popstrels pounding us over the head with their team-created personas, Anita never tries too hard. She presents - or appears to anyway - who she really is. And her outfit in this clip rocks.

If you dig the video, which was shot in Broadway Market, here is a behind the scenes "featurette."
CocknBullKid's debut album, Adult Education, is out on May 23. The single is on iTunes UK NOW.

2 comments:

Talia said...

Much better than the quite terrible last single, but I remain really not too sure about this new softer direction.

Also I'd rather hear her than watch her. Seeing her completely puts me off as, and I think it's a lack of knowledge how to work a camera than anything else, she comes across to me as really patronising and sarcastic. It's all in the eye movements and I find it somewhat testing.

countpopula said...

I quite like this, and I've never been to London. It has potential, and none of the snarky Duffy-isms.