December 17, 2010

Beth Ditto: I didn't see this one coming



It's no secret that I am enamored with Beth Ditto of The Gossip. She's the definition of cool - and self-created. I had no idea until moments ago that she is releasing a solo EP in January on Deconstruction. It's produced by Simian Mobile Disco and there are four very clubby tracks: Goodnight Good Morning, Do You Need Someone, I Wrote The Book and Open Heart Surgery....

Check out the sampler:

Beth Ditto EP preview by Deconstruction Records

Not quite sure what I think so far, but will be eager to hear it in full...

3 comments:

Michael said...

LOVE IT. Beth + SMD = great in my book!

A-Dolla said...

She was my first TRUE teenage hero. I have a photo somewhere of her wearing a t-shirt I made for her and then threw on stage for her. Makes me a do a little love-wee in my pants whenever I reminisce.

But I have ALWAYS said she has a voice made for dance. So powerful, commanding, spine-tingling and GAY. Couldn't be any more excited.

John said...

It's pretty amazing. I heard about it a few months ago, but couldn't have imagined it was THIS amazing.