November 16, 2010

Look at how times have changed, baby...

Six months ago, I wrote this about a song by Plan B that will make my Top 10 of the year...
Love Goes Down reminds me of the music on AM radio when I was very little, riding in the backseat of a white Cutlass Supreme - we called it the Milk Bottle - in Kansas City, Missouri. Melted caramel.
And now Plan B has released a video for the track... it's all 70's British gangster melodrama:



His clothes never seem to fit, do they? Don't let that distract from the beauty of this tune. It is TOP.

Plan B releases a new single in America today: Stay Too Long. No big deal, but the Pendulum Mix is intriguing.

2 comments:

Pierre said...

I'm still a bit unsure about that crooner thing. I loved his first hip-hop album so much (and the bootleg one too) that I can't get into this as much as I should, althoug it is obviously a very competently made album. I think I'll reserve my definite judgement until I see him live later this month.

DanProject76 said...

Interesting video and song there! I had ignored Plan B until now as I assumed it wouldn't be my kind of thing. I was wrong... and the video leads to more videos in a big old soap opera style. I'll probably end up buying the album so thanks for another recommendation.