November 4, 2010

and I'm indestructible



Robyn's just released the 3:40 version of her new single Indestructible to iTunes US. If you don't know the song yet, you need to buy not just that version, but also the acoustic featured on Body Talk, Pt 2 (also on iTunes). To my ears, the acoustic - done with a fluttering string quartet - is the definitive version. It's more emotional because the lyric, one of Robyn's best, leaps to the fore. The fleshed out electro version, which has the strings woven in, is worth it for a truly brilliant squizzy synth on the instrumental middle eight at 2:30. I love how it R2D2's along until it just sputters-s-s-s out.

And here is the video, a disappointment compared to the last 7 or so Robyn videos...



I still bemoan the misheard line "freeze frame of your ass in the strobelight." Alas is it EYE, not ass, and I am the lesser for it.

4 comments:

PhillipR said...

this is my song of the year. I agree the acoustic version is so much better than the single version. Will it chart i wonder?

xolondon said...

I doubt it will. I mean, if Hang With Me tanked in that regard... :(

Paul said...

even worse was her appearance on Gossip Girl. She looked mortified.

DanProject76 said...

The acoustic original is so perfect that it makes me hate the single version which is not goofd of me! Video confused me: is there a deep meaaning that I missed?

I was just going to buy Body Language 3 as it aparently has the best of vols 1 and 2 but the original Indestructible may need to also be purchased.