July 13, 2010

Bright Lightx2: The boy done good


photo by www.loveimagelondon.com

Bright Light Bright Light - Rod Thomas - has signed a deal with new label Popjustice Hi-Fi. His first single, Love Part II, out on September 12/13, is the official launch of fall as far as I'm concerned.

Amazingly, PJ Hi-Fi is giving away the brilliant b-side,Cry At Films, which features Del Marquis from Scissor Sisters on backing vocals and guitar. Rod says, "[Cry At Films] is one of my favourites that I've written... it introduces both the more optimistic and more melodramatic sides of me. And having Del on it is such an honour."

Rod is a lovely guy and Peter Robinson (who produces PopJustice and created PopJustice HiFi) is, no doubt, a true lover of music. A true fan. No matter what happens, this is a brilliant match.

The actual single, Love Part II is anthemic, but also has a bit of the beloved crying-at-the-disco moodiness. Note that it was produced by Andy Chatterley, the same man who co-wrote and co-produced Kylie Minogue's new tracks Aphrodite and Better Than Today. Mmm hmmmm...

8 comments:

John said...

"Love Part II" is a great song, but I'm a bit obsessed with "Cry at Films" at the moment. This could take a while...

Dan said...

"Cry at Films" is so amazingly good. Just when I thought the summer couldn't possibly get any better for music, I'm once again surprised.

DanProject76 said...

I've played Cry At Films loads of bloody times in the last 24 hours or so, it's one of those songs that you can never get sick of.

Loving Love Part 2 too... although that's been around for a while now. Great news about the label, can we have a 12" picture disc?

The Richard said...

Great guy, great tunes. Win win.
More of this, please.

xolondon said...

We have Colorado, Iowa, LDNx2 represented here. We need Georgia!

Paul said...

the whole project screams pop class and I often need that in my life. Nice pic of Rod too (THOMAS!!!)

Joanna said...

Love both of these songs but leaning toward Cry at Flms. Lovely voice and lovely fellow. Congrats Rod!!

small squirrel said...

loves it. seriously.

now off to listen to all the other stuff you've been twisting my arm about. if it's this good by half I am in luck :)