June 23, 2010

We Thought The Feeling Was Over... But It's Not



The Feeling are working on their new album - due this fall, supposedly - as I type this. After the relative disappointment of their Ta-Dha-esque second disc, this follow-up is make or break. I'd been feeling (!) quite negative about their chances until I heard the live rip of a new song they did - perhaps called Leave Me Out Of It - with Sophie Ellis-Bextor on co-vocals (watch it at the bottom of this post). It ditches the retro ELO-isms for something more sleek and mature. And then I heard this bit of news...

They are working with Freemasons.


Dan talked about it on The Feeling's site last week:
I wouldn't say it's a dancey record. But it's definitely contemporary. There are a couple of dancier songs, but then our last record had that. I Thought It Was Over was fairly dancey. It's not a major departure from what we've done in the past - but we just wanted to do it better. So, we're working with Bob (Bob Ezrin) because he's one of the best rock producers of all time, and we're working with the Freemasons to help make sure the synths and the programming are as good as they can be.
The Feeling with Sophie Ellis Bextor, live in London:

4 comments:

Jason said...

I have high hopes for this one. Twelve Stops was one of my favorite albums of the last few years. I don't think they need to go a dance direction. Their debut wasn't really "dancey." It was shiny pop with some really great lyrics. Either way, I don't think Dan is finished quite yet.

xolondon said...

I agree, though I am excited by The Freemasons news.

Poster Girl said...

This is why more talented music people should marry each other--interesting cross-pollination of collaborators!

Anyway, I, too, really hope this album is great.

Paul said...

i loved their second album, but then again i loved Ta_dah so i'm not really sure what that says... they were brilliant live (as always) at their London shows in May and i'm really eager for this album...