June 30, 2010

2010: Q2: Surely it's all unicorns and rainbows from here on out?

In no order, my Top Songs for the second quarter of 2010. I still put on just one song by each artist and for this list all of the songs are actually released. You can hear/see them by clicking on the title...

Kelly Rowland Commander

Kelis Brave
Robyn Dancing On My Own

Katy Perry (gag)
California Gurls
Keane Your Love

Ed Harcourt
Tracey Thorn Hormones
Stars Fixed

Delays Moment Gone

Nobody's Daughter
Rose Elinor Dougall Find Me Out
Sia My Love
Christina Aguilera I Am

Plan B
Love Goes Down
The Divine Comedy
I Like
Diana Vickers
My Hip
Kele Yesterday's Gone

Scissor Sisters Invisible Light

What did I forget?


Worthy recent albums:
Tracey Thorn, Jonsi, Plan B, The Divine Comedy, Stars, Delays, Kelis, Scissor Sisters, Aqualung

What's coming:
Kylie, Kylie, Penguin Prison, Bareilles, HURTS, Kylie, The Pipettes, Kylie

Artist I Love Whose Album is Not For Me:
Sia - it's just more poppy than I'd hoped, though I can see what the intention was.

Kate Nash, Xtuna, Andy Bell, Hole, bland new single by Sara Bareilles


Paul said...

yay for kelly, keane, kylie and scissor sisters. Don't forget Gabriella or did she fall in quarter one? I keep meaning to fully review Pipettes but it never seems to happen :/

xolondon said...

Gabriella! I suppose it technically came out in "Q1" but I could add Hearts Don't Lie.

xolondon said...

Okay this is the least successful "Q" post I have ever done.

Next quarter will be all Kylie.

Dan said...

Not surprisingly, based on this it's highly likely our year end best of will have significant overlap.

DanProject76 said...

That Keane track is on my list (ongoing all year to remind me at year end) as it's a little synthpop gem. As is its cousin Everything Is Beautiful by Kylie.

I found the Stars album really disappointing, shame.

My list also includes the stonkingly good (surprisingly so) Foxy Shazam album , the Rox album and the Black Box Recorder EP.

xolondon said...

Foxy Shazam is insane! Did you see that singer on the Spin website. ODD. He looks quite young.

DanProject76 said...

Oh yes, I watched that Spin session video the other day. The album is kind of ultimate pop rock if that makes sense.