May 18, 2010

In a pensive mood

I have been swept away by Rose Elinor Dougall, formerly of The Pipettes, and now carefully building a solo career. Rose has just finished her debut album (no release date yet) and this new single Find Me Out is on iTunes in many territories. She's also been working on tunes (and vocals!) for the new Mark Ronson record.

This song is exquisite. "I know you see the best in me / But darling there's just not much left of it. / I don't think I am any of the things you said I am..."

This has been a beautiful year for folk-pop, with Laura Marling, Fyfe Dangerfield, Tracey Thorn and, very soon, Rose Elinor Dougall. We like to shake our butts, but we need to feed the heart and soul.


Michael said...

Yay! I love her.

Her post-Pipettes music has been a gorgeous surprise.

mfavre said...

thank you muchly for the introduction. this is superb