April 30, 2010

Scissters: Fire With Fire first listen



A trailer for the forthcoming Scissor Sisters record, Night Work, that features a snippet of their summer single, Fire With Fire, the one Del Marquis told me is "epic" and Popjustice thinks "is so amazing that if it catches you at the right moment it might bring you slightly to tears." Turns out it's a proper anthem, stadium worthy, with strings and- even in this brief clip - a ribbon of vulnerability. Which is just what we need in pop music today.

Play...



source

MAY 1 UPDATE: Wongie posted a live performance of the song that might fill in the gaps a bit more. It's lovely.



And Jake is quite ripped. He has a Ken Doll chest.

9 comments:

D'luv said...

Snooze-a-thon. Doesn't sound remotely as good as "Invisible Light"

xolondon said...

Then you CLEARLY need to have ME, Stephen, do the Instinct review.

(a bit craven/needy these days aren't I?)

D'luv said...

Yes. It's fun, though -- like watching a little mouse trying to get out of a shoebox. Scamper, my chylde. Scamper.

xolondon said...

My last lover said that after putting me in a giant habitrail... in a diaper.

John said...

The evolution continues. The two songs that I've heard have been so different that it's easy to wonder what type of cohesion this record will have. Then again, "Invisible Light" would be the afterhours, deep in the vibe track, while "Fire with Fire" has that sunrise mood. This album instantly goes to the top of my "must hear" list for the summer.

xolondon said...

I hear from someone who has heard the record that Fire is the most commercial song on the CD.

This and Kylie, John. Taking over summer.

John said...

Kylie's there, but after "X" turned out to be a bit of a letdown, I'm not getting my hopes up. Robyn was on that list as well, but the leak has turned out to be a bit of a disappointment, even if it has some pretty brilliant moments.

P.Viktor said...

Is it just me or does their new single sound like eighties era Cliff Richard? "It's so funny how we don't talk anymore"....

Mr. Will-W. said...

OMG. Hurry up already! Dying here!! :(