February 16, 2010

New Penguin Prison single out in March


Penguin Prison recording in London

Penguin Prison - known as Chris Glover on the street - is one of the most exciting acts of 2010. He's releasing a new 7" single, The Worse It Gets, on March 22 via the brilliant Neon Gold label. I love these vinyl releases - they make me wish he'd breaks his upcoming album into an old school Side A and B, even on the CD.

Chris told me in December that The Worse It Gets "a bit of Hall & Oates / Doobie Brothers but somehow cool, if that makes sense." Of what turned out to be the new flip side, he said Something I'm Not "is like Kanye West's 808 type songs mixed with Talking Heads and Radiohead mixed with Michael Jackson."

Get the B-side MP3, Something I'm Not for free at Neon Gold now and the A-side, The Worse It Gets, is streaming in full at myspace. You can also read a few more teasers about the album here.

3 comments:

Aaron said...

Wow! All sound rather interesting - can't wait to give them a listen!

Paul said...

you may have converted me. pleasing to listen to and to look at. Hurrah.

thechemistryisdead said...

I love everything from him so far! I really rate his remixes too.