February 7, 2010

Blog Interrupted: Snowpocalypse 2010

If you're in America, you might have heard that DC just had a historic storm. We got 2 feet of snow in 24 hours. It was quite SNOMG because it knocked out my satellite TV and, for 12 hours, knocked out my Internet. Tragique! Here are a few pics I took in the 'hood...



From my living room, the night the storm started. This tree has branches that have cracked but not fallen yet.



Down the street. Mega snow everywhere.



Can you see the car in this picture, hmmm?



You might know what this is... iconic looking in the snow. It's a pity that a bunch of whiny, smug fratboys and beleaguered women work inside it!

As for DC, it remains a mess and much of it will be shut down Monday too, with MORE SNOW due Tuesday. Good gravy Marie! I shall get back to blogging about music as soon as I can.

6 comments:

countpopula said...

I sympathize! We had 2 feet here in the Philly burbs also--actually, I think a bit more here at my house than a couple miles east, but Philly itself reported over 28 inches, which is the second largest reported in history behind the 30+ in 96. I spent 2 hours digging the cars out yesterday only to find that nobody else was going to make it to work either. Icy hair is all I gotta say...your pics make it look a lot prettier than it actually feels to go through! They are wonderful shots though--amazing, yes? And more to come Tuesday night--they say 6-12 inches here!

Paul said...

I love the last picture - it's like something from a disaster movie or something! Hope you are all wrapped up warm...

xolondon said...

Yes. Those are zombies in that pic and after I took it, they ran up and grabbed my housemate. We tugged and tugged until her head popped off and spurted blood on the white snow. I ran away and remain locked in the house with guns and my active imagination.

Howard said...

Vaguely familiar, although the zombies don't venture out to the country around here.

Mr. Will-W. said...

looks beautiful! thanks for sharing. hope you're staying warm and that you're cupboards are stocked.

Mel said...

Incredible! Reminds me of growing up in Central New York - when we used to fairly regularly have four-five feet of snow at a time!

I can feel your pain for it now, but when I was little, I loved it! Beautiful pictures!