January 10, 2010

I interrupt this blog for Stevie Nicks

Stevie Nicks Backstage, Wild Heart:



We all know that a lot the great male rock stars of the 70s fucked Stevie Nicks. If you wonder why, it's all right here in this video. There's something about that level of beauty and talent that is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

Let me paraphrase from an email I sent Dan last night about Stevie:

She is an enigma. We don't have stars like this anymore. So original and smart and ARTISTIC. We have a few new ones. Florence Welch being the obvious one from last year. You just know Florence reads all sorts of weird books and likes pre-Raphaelite paintings, etc. Rufus Wainwright grew up loving opera! Little Boots? What the hell moves her soul? Sometimes I feel like, as time goes on, we idolize people who don't have any curiosity. They don't have influences other than really shallow ones like, sorry, Madonna. And it's a vague kind of influence. Nothing MOVES them emotionally. Really, what moves Ke$ha? Drugs, Jack Daniels and cock?
Back to 2010...

11 comments:

Michael said...

I suddenly feel a certain kinship with Ke$ha...

xolondon said...

Enjoy her! Many have!

Dan said...

You really hit the nail on the head regarding Stevie's appeal and what sets her apart from the rest. She is hard to pin down and even I have a hard time reconciling her with the rest of my musical tastes. But there's no denying the influence she's had on me over the last 22 years.

Paul said...

hey the same things that move Kesha have moved me through most of 2009 :)

John said...

Amen, amen! A friend of mine showed me this clip last year, and I fell in love all over again. I really love the youthful, non-rock Stevie look, too.

Ke$ha...I know there will be comparisons to early Madonna, and I think a few of them might be appropriate, but Madonna was at least able to be in your face without offending grandma on the surface with her lyrics.

Parker said...

I'm about to print this post and hang it on my wall.

Matt said...

that quote IS genius.

Sam said...

this is so much better than the final cut. sounds like fleetwood.

phuzzy said...

My paws are crossed for the new Goldfrapp album to sound like this. Coked up or not, she was sooo cute in her heyday...

xolondon said...

I like that: My paws are crossed.

The Enchanted Mirror Shoppe said...

www.StevieNicksClothing.com

Stevie Nicks rocks! ;)