January 7, 2010

Elllie Goulding's arrived



Ellie Goulding has just announced her debut album, Lights, will be out on March 1. I personally think this is THE album to listen for in 2010. Why? Aside from the brilliant Under The Sheets (video) and her forthcoming single, Starry Eyed, Ellie has a lot of great songs waiting in the wings. Wish I Stayed, Guns And Horses, Every Time You Go and the gorgeous ballad The Writer are on the tracklist, with fingers crossed for Swimming. The demo version I've heard is sublime. These songs have the more "mass appeal" than perhaps any of Ellie's peers in recent years. They are folky at heart, very emotional and melodically beautiful.

It's just been announced that Ellie won the top spot on The BBC's Sound of 2010. I predict we will not be let down by Lights...

2 comments:

thechemistryisdead said...

Very happy that she won. I really like all of the Top 4. I think she comes across really well in that video interview on the BBC website too.

And re: Under The Sheets video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Navl4fYI-Zk

xolondon said...

Thanks! I just fixed my post with the link. I am not very intrepid tonight...