December 15, 2009

I Blame Coco's debut: Caesar


I Blame Coco feat. Robyn - Caesar



I Blame Coco's just released her video for Caesar, a cracking debut single that features a guest appearance from Robyn. Last month I noted that both the song and Coco's voice are so strong that they don't really need Robyn, but there's no doubt Robyn will bring Coco welcome attention.

From what I know, the song was produced by The Teddybears, but I haven't confirmed that. The single is released digitally on January 25th and as a 10” single with a mix by one of 2009's revelations, Miike Snow. Well done, Coco!

Note you have to survive a short commercial before watching the video!

6 comments:

DanProject76 said...

I like this. Very Sting-like style of singing.

Robyn is becoming the new Neneh Cherry: Appearing on everyone else's records when she should have her own one out!

Michael said...

Is she really Sting's daughter? It's a bit kneejerk but that makes me not like her.

xolondon said...

Ah, I think she's pretty good, which is why the (Gordon) Sumner tidbit is left out. She should be judged on her own merits. If she did not have some talent, it would be different!

Adem With An E said...

Ooof! This is bloody good stuff. Aside from the Sting references, I also hear a tiny bit of Rod Stewart's "Young Turks" and Adam & The Ants. Tiny bits...

Mr. Will-W. said...

good for her. i wonder if the robyn connection is due to her father (sting) also being with cherrytree also. i think coco signed with island?

xolondon said...

I actually think the Robyn connection is because of her producer Klaus Ahlund (sp?). Teddybears have worked with Robyn before. my GUESS is that there are no threads to her father in terms of collaborators.