November 29, 2009

2010: I Blame Coco

Caesar, the forthcoming debut single from I Blame Coco sounds kickass brilliant (hear sample). It features Robyn on the chorus, but the amazing thing is this: Robyn isn't needed. Coco's voice is a piece of mannish gorgeousness. Following the moody passion that Florence + The Machine brought to pop music in 2009, I want to see more female acts kicking out rock, rather than electropop. Coco sounds totally unique to this period in music, with her mix of rock, punk and disco. All the boxes are ticked... superb lyrics too. I am all over this next year.


DanProject76 said...

Hmmm... not bad!

trixie said...

Ooh exciting to finally hear something proper. I thought they'd either given up on the project (was originally meant to be early 2009 I think) or that it was going to be really lo-fi reggae swag.

This sounds exciting, the fuzzy bassline has Teddybears-y hip hop vibes doesn't it.

trixie said...

Ooh, I just noticed Teddybears are in her top friends. AWESOME