September 18, 2009

In the You Must Be Kidding Department

A Christmas album with New-Face-Tori as the angel?

From the press release:

"For Midwinter Graces, Amos has again teamed up with long time collaborators Matt Chamberlain on drums, Jon Evans on bass, and Mac Aladdin on guitars. Tori has enlisted the help of a Big Band and an Orchestra with stunning John Philip Shenale arrangements to create Tori’s new seasonal classics."

1. What Child, Nowell
2. Star of Wonder
3. A Silent Night with You
4. Candle: Coventry Carol
5. Holy, Ivy, and Rose
6. Harps of Gold
7. Snow Angel
8. Jeanette, Isabella
9. Pink and Glitter
10. Emmanuel
11. Winter’s Carol
12. Our New Year

After what is probably her worst-selling record to date, she has the same recording crew (take a risk!), very few Christmas songs we know. Oh. Tori.


John said...

This has disaster written all over it. I hope I am surprised by it, but I will not hold my breath.

ausrufer said...

At least she knows her audience - notice the overwrought gayboy angel in the left hand corner.... hysterical! No,really, why does anyone still listen to her?

Michael said...

Heh, that cover is hilarious.

I could see myself buying this though.

Paul said...

this has me written all over it (in invisible ink!)

xolondon said...

She's an easy target. I have to be clear that there was a time when she could do no wrong, from like 1992 - maybe 2002. In the 90's I would make every effort to get all the singles (then we did not use Amazon UK so much). I collected her. And now? It's like Prince. I just struggle to find something I like. Some of it is me changing, some of it is her not changing and some of it - I really believe this - is that she has produced some true crap in the last 7 years.

Michael said...

Someone should photoshop that Brooke Hogan cover onto that image.

xolondon said...

Clever Michael!

Pam said...

My heart breaks a little whenever she releases something now, but I must be a christmas carol nerd because I think I recognize half of those song titles. I'm off to listen to Little Earthquakes and pretend it's 1991 now.

xolondon said...

Oh Pam, Hi there! I miss Anne!

DanProject76 said...

The Prince comparison is spot on. My 2 biggest piles (of CDs) are probably Prince and Tori... if I ignore Saint Etienne of course (who are still fantastic).

Pam said...

I miss her, too! my little August visit was way too short.

countpopula said...

I love your Prince true. To Venus & Back was the last thing I REALLY loved, and I was quite the devotee as you (I must have at least 30 Tori CD singles--she sure got my $). It's not the fact that she isn't "new" anymore, I just don't think she tries hard enough to push herself into unexplored territory anymore--it all seems so safe now. If this is no good, I'll stick to her covers of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" and "Little Drummer Boy". At least we'll have those...

...and her recent butchery of the English language has got to stop.