August 7, 2009

Robbie Williams Is Still Very Much Alive



Be sure to check out robbiewilliams.com for a new video of him shooting album art for his November 9 album Reality Killed The Video Star. That alone may be enough for some, but it also features what sound like instrumental versions of new tracks, which seem classically Trevor Horn-y - meaning grand and "filmic."

The website also includes a blog that appears to be written by Robbie. For instance, Thursday's entry says Robbie's shooting the new video for Bodies in California this week.

Robbie's career went belly up right around the time I started this blog, but I'll admit I really liked him early on. And I'm not even British.

XO's Top Ten Plus One Robbie Williams songs:

Millennium
Rock DJ
She's The One
Lovelight
Hot Fudge
Eternity
Killing Me
Lazy Days
Let Love Be Your Energy
If It's Hurting You

and perhaps my favorite...

No Regrets:

6 comments:

Paul said...

expect me to go a bit mental when he returns - he is my favourite male singer. Yes more so than Simon Curtis... Perhaps that is why I was so harsh on Rudebox (which i more belatedly fell in love with) - because I held him up to such high standards. Great top ten list. No Regrets is one of my faves too :)

countpopula said...

What, no Angels in your top 10? I love Heaven from Here. And She's Madonna. And Phoenix From the Flames. Lovelight was rather ace. Aw hell, there are loads of great songs.

No Regrets is my favorite above all favorites as well. It features my 2 favorite Neils--Tennant and Hannon.

Michael said...

Mine!

No Regrets
She's The One
The Road To Mandalay
One Of God's Better People
Angels
Rock DJ
I Will Talk & Hollywood Will Listen
Feel
Supreme
Advertising Space

Dan said...

Rock DJ is the first Robbie Williams song I remember hearing - probably because of its video. I have always kind of had a love/hate relationship with him. As that old nursery rhyme goes - when he's good, he's very very good, but when he is bad he is horrid.

One song that I really like that hasn't been mentioned was "Kiss Me". I rather liked that one.

Talia said...

I love him & excluding the duds properly adored Rudebox (the album not the single!)

Vinny Vero said...

His albums are usually very strong. I think some people are turned off by his personality. When he's good, he's spectacular.

"No Regrets" is definitely one of my faves. I'm sure it has something to do with both Neil Tenant AND Neil Hannon being involved.

As for "Rudebox", in retrospect, he went more electro before anyone else. I always thought he was ahead of the curve on that one. I liked the album quite a lot even if it was a little more on the daft side.