August 2, 2009

Pocket Mozart



In a year of great albums, Frankmusik's Complete Me is absolutely one of the best. Seriously, GET IT. It's on itunes UK and Amazon UK. No US release schedule, so don't wait. The special edition comes with a 60-minute continuous remix of the album.

Never fear if you've been listening to these songs for the past year - there are little changes on the record. Among them, new lyrics to 3 Little Words and the masterful Vacant Heart, and a better mix on Gotta Boyfriend.

Pete Paphides just wrote a juicy new piece in The Times, The World According To Frankmusik, that you should read (Vincent is right, do you seriously think Pixie Lott is good?!). Finally, also note that VF is giving away his pants in a contest. In the UK, aren't "pants" underwear? [one eyebrow raised]

I will try to come up with something original and coherent for a review, but until then you can click on the Frankmusik tag below to read my previous commentary.

And here, finally, is the Confusion Girl new video that Frank calls "shit":

9 comments:

Brad said...

You're quite right. Leaks, demos, and live sessions all aside, this is still a fantastic album. And for anyone who HASN'T already heard all of these songs before? It's probably damn near spasm-inducing.

countpopula said...

As I don't trawl the internet for unreleased material much, I've only heard Better Off As Two, Confusion Girl, a rough version of Vacant Heart, and the EP of 3 Little Words, so I AM actually excited about hearing this for the first time now. Guess I should be getting this? Some reviewers have not been so kind, but it has to be better than that new Mika record, right? Is the deluxe worth getting for the remixes? How can he possibly live up to the hype?

Paul said...

i'm less convinced after a couple of listens. Still, I don't dislike it and I do think it's a good album, it's just not outstanding for me. But then i have a bizarre musical barometer so what do I know?!

DanProject76 said...

It's been one of my albums of the year all year long and I look forward to the CD arriving in the post any day now.

countpopula said...

Hey Paul, how would you rate this against BWO?

xolondon said...

Those are nothing alike! :) Nor is it remotely like Mika.

countpopula said...

Well thank God about the Mika bit--the new song is...well...

zen~ said...

You can say it. It is....shite! (The new Mika single, that is).

XO kindly sent me an mp3 of Frank's eons ago...to help me into the fold, but I am still undecided. Will give the album a good listen with VERY open ears...and see what unfolds...

Adem With An E said...

The record has absolutely exceeded my expectations. Can't stop listening to it, seems to actually be distracting me from my Madonna-mania too!