July 4, 2009

Madonna v2009: Shot out of a rocket

Madonna resurrects Michael Jackson for her new tour...

Here are some behind the scenes videos from the the last leg of Madonna's Sticky & Sweet Tour. In the first clip, the now-cliched pre-show prayer circle, I love how she says, "I don't know about you guys, but I'm really excited about tonight's show." Wouldn't it have been great if one of the cast had said, "Mmmm-hmmm, maybe if it were the Confessions Tour"? The new setlist, which includes Dress You Up, Frozen and Holiday, actually makes me want to see this show, unlike the 2008 incarnation...

Pimpin' and prayin'?:

Boss lady:

Jump-rope diva:

Tick tock etc etc:

Hard Candy Music will likely have all the details of the summer tour.


Paul said...

phew you are back. I sky plussed this last night as was in London for extraordinarily long day out. Will watch soon with a nice pimms and ability to forward through the prayer circle wank. (Not a literal wank, jesus wouldn't approve of that). Still Dress You Up! Yay!

I love that "Bruno" described her in Attitude as transexual child catcher madonna. Ouch!

DanProject76 said...

I have to agree with Bruno.

She's still doing the faux-God -bothering jerk-circle schtick? Hmmm... I think I'll stick to my In Bed With Madonna (or whatever it was called) cinema memories from the 90s. I am an old git, obviously, because I found she had nothing to say to me post-William Orbit.