July 15, 2009

Apparently this is Whitney Houston...



Yes, do you see her? Because I see someone else. Nice photo(shop) though.

Her album is out September 1. I agree with those who say her first song (
I Didn't Know My Own Strength), should not have been one of those treacly self-empowerment ballads that Clive Davis fizzes over. It reminds you of her crackiswhack days. It should have been a blazing pop-dance stormer that looked forward, not back.

Collaborators on the album include A
licia Keys, Diane Warren, Stargate, R Kelly and Akon (on the lousy duet Like I Never Left that leaked last year). No Babyface. Other new tracks include Million Dollar Bill, Nuthin' But Love, Call You Tonight, For the Lovers, I Look to You, Worth It (more empowerment?) and a cover of Leon Russell's A Song for You, a song that's been covered a zillion times. More on the changing faces of divas tonight...

3 comments:

will said...

Apparently Mill Dollar Bill is the official first single, not "Strength". pheyyewww. I love Photoshop!

ww_adh said...

I don't like this cover at all. Not only does the photo look fake, the background is really dull.

Paul said...

I am warming to Didn't - though don't necessarily think it's amazing single material. I still stand by my views that she should have nicked J'Ai Ho and Hush Hush from the PCD. They would have been quite good in a Whitney comes back with I'm Your Baby Tonight sort of way.