June 30, 2009

2009: Q2


Madonna and Michael during the Victory Tour, summer 1984

In no order, my Top Songs for the second quarter of 2009. I still put on just one song by each artist (this quarter Florence and The Machine would have overtaken the list!). The colored link will take you to a place you can hear/see the song.

The Gossip
Pop Goes The World youtube
David Guetta with Kelly Rowland When Love Takes Over video
Freemasons with SEB Heartbreak Make Me A Dancer video
Little Boots Not Now youtube
Annie Anthonio youtube
La Roux As If By Magic
Erik Hassle Make It In Time
Lucky Soul Whoa Billy! youtube
Maxwell Pretty Wings video
Florence & The Machine Cosmic Love youtube
Patrick Wolf The Sun Is Often Out myspace
Paolo Nutini Candy video
Marina and The Diamonds Obsessions video
Miike Snow Silvia youtube
Passion Pit The Reeling video
Jack Penate Body Down
Del Marquis Remember Me Young myspace
Fibes, Oh Fibes! Love Child video
Jimmy Somerville Hangin' On The Telephone myspace

Any recommendations?
_____________________________

Worthy recent albums: Miike Snow, Patrick Wolf, The Gossip, Little Boots, La Roux, Jack Penate

What's coming: Florence and The Machine, A Fine Frenzy, Frankmusik, Rose Elinor Dougall (ex-Pipettes), Just Jack, Erik Hassle, Imogen Heap

Disappointing: Tori Amos, Depeche Mode (just okay), Paolo Nutini (lousy!)

10 comments:

Paul said...

we share some artists but no songs :( I think the gossip will probably feature quite high on my album chart at the end of the year, but i really haven't listened to as much as my enjoyment of it should reflect (if that makes sense). Paolo's album - well i liked it first few listens and am now quite disappointed with it :( His haircut is decent though.

My recommendations :P http://tinyurl.com/lqap6m

Yuяi said...

La Roux is having a great blog week around "As If By Magic" aren't they? Great stuff here, and as always, excellent recommendations.

DanProject76 said...

I wrote a long-ish comment and then Internet Explorer went mad :-(

Let's just say you provide me with lots of good recommendations!

countpopula said...

Other than the absence of Filthy Dukes' "Messages" and Cicada's "Love Don't Come Easy", I agree with your list. Wish I liked Passion Pit's vocals more though...great music.

D'luv said...

WTF?? Where's Ashley Tisdale and Demi Lovato??!??

xolondon said...

Ashley and Demi are in a threesome with Selena F'ing Gomez. You should know that.

xolondon said...

PS Still getting used to Cicada. It has not hit me like it has other people. Once again, I am The Outsider.

Joe said...

What about "The Girl and the Robot" by Royksopp? I have been playing nonstop since it was released.

duanemoody.com said...

I love it when you post these lists; I always go back and "rediscover" stuff!!! I have to say, your initial suggestion of Gossip's Pop Goes The World was sooooo dead on, and I cannot stop listening to it! I LOVE THEM!

zen~ said...

Miike Snow's "Silvia" is my clear favourite for 2009, so good choice!! I also think Fred Falke turned in some magic on a few tunes this year or the likes of Grizzly Bear, Gossip, Roy Davis Jnr & Sneaky Sound System...so maybe Freddie is my favourite remixer of the year...