May 28, 2009

Depeche Mode back on the road, but...



Holy crap, he's had a cancerous tumor removed from his bladder. Read on...

Depeche Mode are pleased to announce they will restart their interrupted Tour Of The Universe in Leipzig, Germany on June 8th. On May 12th, lead singer Dave Gahan suffered a severe bout of gastroenteritis, leading to his hospitalization and the cancellation of the Athens concert. While in hospital, further medical tests revealed a low-grade malignant tumour in Dave's bladder, which has since been successfully removed. At doctors' orders Dave Gahan must take a break until June 8th, to ensure that he makes a full recovery. The Leipzig show on June 8th will be the first concert following Dave's recovery. Tour Details.
How typical of life. This could have happened while they were recording, but instead it happens during the start of their tour. Whatever, I love - LOVE - Dave and hope he's on the road to recovery.

I also love that new Corbjin pic above, from the Sounds Of The Universe boxset.

4 comments:

V said...

This is really sad. I hope Dave pulls through quick! I don't care so much about them cancelling dates just hope he gets the treatments he needs and hope he's not pressured into performing. I do hold a ticket for their August show. Are you going? I remember how excited you were the first time you saw them some years ago.

babs said...

Makes my stomach flu two Januarys ago pale in comparison. Though it was pretty bad and felt very moribund.

Feel better, Dave.

D'luv said...

Ugh! Meanwhile, whatshisname in the background better cut the cigarettes, or he'll be having worse problems than Dave...

theredradio said...

Glad he is going to be OK. Dave rules. I agree with you on the pic too, one of my favorites from all of the new sessions. A true classic, and hell, it was shot in my homeland of SF.