May 1, 2009

Boy George's beautifully cruel twist



A writer could not have plotted this one. Boy George is sentenced to prison at the very moment when he's pulling his life back together. He disappears behind bars. And then, out of the blue, comes a poignant new ballad, American Heart, done with a group called Bliss. The female voice on the song is Alexandra Hamnede, but George covers most of the lead. It's very somber and elegant. This, paired with Yes We Can, suggest that George still has something meaningful to give pop music. I hope he does something brilliant when he's back in the world...

Bliss feat Boy George American Heart:



UK residents can buy American Heart on iTunes - or youy can order the CD single on Amazon UK - it comes in single and album mixes. If anyone has an MP3 of Innocence Is Lost, Boy's promo-only collaboration with Groove Armada, please send it to me. I lost my copy and it's one of his best songs (hear it).

6 comments:

DanProject76 said...

How did I ever miss that Groove Armada song?

I've said it before but George has bloody loads of gems in his back catalogue. I had a CD-buying splurge a while back and was pleasantly surprised by all the stuff I had never heard.

iam said...

Hi!
Sorry for off-top, but i link to the Lorraine's Beautiful Thing from free sampler is dead...
can you reupload this song?
I've been hunting for it for ages. PLEASE help me out. Thanks!

xolondon said...

iam, email me. See address at top of this page.

James Derek Dwyer said...

I'd LOVE that Groove Armada tune - hint hint

D'luv said...

Exactly how long is George in jail for? I've never been quite clear on when he was going in/gets out, how long, etc...

countpopula said...

George has immense talent, but a personality that seems to get in the way. Who knew he had so much unreleased material? Maybe they should collect some of that for a release while he does the time. I don't think he really cares about the money, but it would tide the fans over who have stuck by him through the stormy times for a while.

This is a very good song. My fave random BG song is the Why Go ballad version with Faithless--extremely haunting. I didn't know he did stuff with Groove Armada!