April 27, 2009

Lamya: New music streaming



A very kind reader named Mclean alerted me that music from the album Lamya recorded before her death is now streaming on her myspace. It's a natural progression from Learning From Falling. Titles include View From My Shoe, Sick Of Falling In Love, Foxes In Boxes, Bed I Never Made, If Not Now When? and the one I like best, Lady Borderline, which has a great lyric, "With her head up her ass and her feet in the sand..." The songs are less electronic, but have the same twisty melodies that wind along, guided by the lyrics and her lovely voice.

You may recall that Lamya died of a heart attack in January, not yet 40. I love the message on her myspace page: "We thought of you with love today, But that is nothing new. We thought about you yesterday. And days before that too. We think of you in silence. We often speak your name." I had no idea when I posted the news of her death that 6 weeks later I would suddenly lose a close friend to a heart problem, so I sympathize with her family and friends all the more. We are lucky to have Lamya's music - I'm just sorry we cannot discuss it with her.

1 comment:

Mclean said...

here's to hoping that someday...someway..the new work will make it out as an actual album! glad to have been a help. so sorry to hear about your friend...