April 9, 2009

Fred Falke you set me on you set me on fire

This Spring I am all about Fred Falke mixes. He's a French - that's Frédérick - music producer whose revamping pop songs without deconstructing them to the point they lose all melody. The remixes remain songs versus morphing into grooves. Although Fred's been around for years, working with Alan Braxe (check out their mix of Goldfrapp's Number One), his "solo" mixes are smoother, creamier pop creations, often in the mode of blissful French house music.

Here are some of my favorites. Most are hard to find on iTunes, so I've done a bit of sleuthing:

Kish Mauve Lose Control (Fred Falke Mix)

Ladyhawke Back Of The Van (Fred Falke Ultimate Beverly Mix)

Little Boots New In Town (Fred Falke Remix)

Mini Viva Left My Heart In Tokyo (Fred Falke Dub Mix)

The Whitest Boy Alive (aka Erlend Oye) Golden Cage (Fred Falke Remix)

Will Young Grace (Fred Falke Mix)

He's also done mixes for Lykke Li, Sugababes, Sneaky Sound System, PNAU w/Ladyhawke and, forthcoming, Annie's Anthonio


Doron said...

Thanks for these!

Not sure about his Kish Mauve remix but I loved the Alesha Dixon remix he did and the Little Boots remix is splendicious.

Paul said...

he looks really scary!

Chris Krakora said...

I love the remix he did of "Yeah Yeah" by Bodyrox feat. Luciana two years back. Didn't have any trouble finding that one on iTunes.