March 12, 2009

Favourite shirts...



Now that I have your attention...

Rush over to Karinski.net* to check out Napoleon


They're a huge group, they're Swedish and they capture a very particular period in music, the sliver of time when Blow Monkeys, Haircut 100 and Dexy's Midnight Runners ruled the scene. I predict a polarized reaction of love or hate. The ecstatic debut single, I Love My Baby (But If Anyone Touches Her I'll Kill Them), is out on iTunes UK on the really great label Ruffa Lane.

*Talia, you rock, but I'd thought you'd stopped blogging! You are re-linked.

NOTE: I swear I wrote this post yesterday, before PopJustice did theirs today. "Great minds" and all that...

6 comments:

Michael said...

It has potential but it doesn't feel quite right. I think it's the production, which sounds a bit thin and out of whack. The guy seems like he's singing over the music rather than with it. Give it a good remix and I think it would be a real winner.

Paul said...

i'm firmly on the side of like a lot. love the video. love the song. love that it's totally 80s without feeling the need to be all electro. the 80s wasn't just that you know people. delish.

countpopula said...

It's actually quite catchy, and I agree with Paul about something other than 80's electro, not like I usually mind. Hopefully they'll be able to follow this with something just as memorable. Actually reminds me less of Blow Monkeys (weren't they more suave?) than Style Council (Ever Changing Moods-era) meets JoBoxers.

Norman L. said...

I think I'm in love...

Talia said...

I think the mixing is a bit weird, but it does work.

XO - the worst thing in the world is thinking about writing something or writing but not posting and then PJ beating you! Gaaaah :)

xolondon said...

I think the video brings it all together, but I can see why some people think the song crosses over the line into trash.

Yes, Talia, I'd started the post as basically a link to yours and added some comments and -voila - that Peter Robinson does his post. But see, you were the originator! But that phenomenon happens with all bloggers...