February 24, 2009

XOvision: Something wrong with me inherently

Depeche Mode Wrong:


I've never seen Saw or Hostel and I still get angry with my friends for not warning me about Seven, so this kind of macabre shit is Not. My. Bag. I don't get it - it's so nihilistic. Maybe that's how Depeche feel about the world right now? Regardless, this video certainly captures an internal feeling of anxiety and frustration. To quote Anne Sexton, your fear is anyone's fear.

But I think a George Bush mask would have been better on the driver.

Thanks to Idolator

9 comments:

Michael said...

That was a bit disturbing.

Phil said...

I liked it. But once is enough for a bit.

countpopula said...

This video is killer. It demands viewer attention, and I'm so glad it has been added to their catalog of videos. I love how the band are featured in a cameo moment only, and how the video fits the song without being so literal.

Depeche are not softening with age or taking the easy way out, as this video attests.

John said...

This is what the video medium is capable of when it's done right. You can't help but react to a clip like this. Fill in your own bindings, masks, enclosures, etc.

Echorich said...

excellent! finally bands are making filmic vids again...check out The Hours - See the Light with Sienna Miller - top shelf stuff!!

Adam said...

Totally agree with XO. IMO, this is unnecessarily violent and dark. I cannot understand the desire to transpose such brutality as entertainment. Also, really dislike the song personally. So for me, two thumbs down.

theredradio said...

Fan of the song but really dislike the video.

Shane Percy said...

Song 6/10
Video 10/10

Jason said...

I think this is a brilliant video. I like videos where the band isn't in it at all, or appears very briefly.