February 25, 2009

Antigone all over town



Promiscuity. Finally. The new Antigone single is out on iTunes everywhere on April 6. The album follows on April 20. If you're not yet aware, Antigone Foster is a pretty little Aussie gamine with a big, lush voice. She'll make the big pop stars totter on their stilettos.

This track threw me to the ground when I first heard it. It's the album opener and, like a brilliant pre-credit sequence to a film, it sets the tone for an record about men, women, love, sex and self-reliance. For me, Promiscuity is all about the mega chorus, which is driven by an ass-kicking vocal. It moves from ambient to gorgeous to whipsmart to disturbing in 4 minutes.

Download the Lush Mix of Promiscuity FREE


Antigone Talks to GutterGirl, EQ and to me. Her myspace has a samples of the album and single mixes, along with blogs from Antigone.

7 comments:

DanProject76 said...

That Antigone link failed me twice, damnit!

Lots of good new music in the pipeline, I am happy.

The word verification for this was "bless" , how sweet.

xolondon said...

The free mix link? It worked for me. Hmmm.

Brooke said...

Will be spending some hard earned cash on this album. It's a shame that she has to spell out the pronunciation of her name on her myspace page, hasn't everyone read the play?

Aaron said...

FANTASTIC!

One thing though - The album is getting a physical release isn't it?

zen~ said...

Like Dan, didn't work for me. I signed up TwicE and got no mp3 link!!!

xolondon said...

I will let her know...

DanProject76 said...

Got it , listened to it, loved it.

Am spreading the word!