Starsailor Tell Me It's Not Over:
A few comments about Starsailor and lead singer James Walsh:
1) This is the first decent Britpop song in ages. In fact, it's banging. I love a good "you cheated!" song.
2) The band had two great albums - Love Is Here (2001) and the poppier Silence Is Easy (2003) - but the third was a ball of phlegm. Not one good song on the whole affair, so March's All The Plans is an important comeback.
3) Their best song has this chorus: Daddy was an alcoholic.
4) The only time I have ever been backstage was at a Starsailor show on their first US headlining tour. Walsh could have cared less and was totally unresponsive. The drummer, Ben, was lovely and chatty.
5) Per #4, it does not bother me to point out that James is not featuring "hot" anymore (see evidence of previous looks below.) That said, I love this band and I love his voice. I'm sure I'll regret the looks comment soon enough.
Starsailor Lullaby (2001):
check him out at 2:58.