January 15, 2009

Neko Case, bodacious hood ornament

Neko Case is a babe. A righteous babe! I've had the pleasure of seeing her live and her voice is just as amazing in person as it is on record. People Got a Lotta Nerve (free and legal below) is the first single from her March 3 album, Middle Cyclone. 15 new songs. For those unfamiliar, Neko is kind of alt-country-pop-retro-folk. Not sure who I'd compare her with, but look at how cool she is on that car. Try her!

She's also really funny- at the time I saw her, she was obsessed with R Kelly's Trapped In The Closet series and kept speaking about it between songs. I mean, this is a woman who made these lines the chorus of her new single: "I'm a man-man-man-man-man-maneater, still you're surprised-prised-prised, when I eat ya."

Neko Case People Got a Lotta Nerve

My favorite Neko Case songs? Hold On Hold On, Star Witness, The Needle Has Landed and Deep Red Bells.

Middle Cyclone EPK:

No comments: