January 20, 2009

The Greatest Day

All I hear from my house is sirens! We're not attempting the Mall - it's like 15 degress with wind chill, but we will walk down to the east side of The Capitol, which is about 10 blocks from here. Crowd predictions for DC have been correct and it's all sorts of crazy, but everyone is happy. Wonder if Mr. Cool above is so cool right now. Can you imagine!?

Update, 5:15 pm: AMAZING DAY. I got as close as I could, felt the vibe, and then ran home so I could watch it on TV.


Brad said...

Hurrah!! It was epic.

So cute that he stumbled over the oath words, haha.

xolondon said...

I think that was John Roberts' fault! I think Roberts threw him a flipped up oath and he knew it. Not sure though.

countpopula said...

I'm so jealous! I am 2 hours from DC, but I swear I heard them yelling outside my window!

Seriously though, this was an amazing moment, and I hope people really carry that sense of optimism this time, unlike the year or so after 9-11 when many went back to being separatist, greedy, and aggressive. Obama's speech was quite something.