January 11, 2009

The breath before the kiss

I kind of glossed over this Pink song at the end of the year, but it's a beautiful, romantic ballad and one of her finest songs. Just wanted to be sure you didn't miss it, should you be a moon-eyed romantic.

Pink Glitter In The Air*



I love the bridge (2:29), about the moment when you realize that you are not so cynical or jaded. That you too are thrilled to be called "baby" or "sugar" by someone you're in love with.

There you are, sitting in the garden
Clutching my coffee
Calling me sugar,
You called me sugar

Well, it doesn't read that well, but it sounds great when she sings those lines!

*clearly not an official video!

3 comments:

Paul said...

I'm a moony eyed romantic and i did sort of gloss over this track. But no more. NO MORE! I have been gazing dreamily at darren for the past 20 minutes because of you!

countpopula said...

This is very pretty, and much better than the overwrought "I Don't Believe You" from same said album. My fave song from Funhouse..."It's All Your Fault". When is THAT going to be a single?

ww_adh said...

Funhouse is a great album. I think there are a lot of potential hits. I agree that its nice to single out a later track like this, as they are easy to ignore unless they really stand out.