December 10, 2008

Molly Ringwald, meet Tilda Swinton

And that is LaRoux. What do you think of this tune? The video is great and I bet it cost nada. She is cute, but I am still in deliberation as to whether it's a tune I would play a lot. Same thing happened with Lykke Li - I got excited, loved a song or two, but couldn't deal with much more. We'll see what her other stuff sounds like.

La Roux Quicksand:

You can also read about LaRoux on PopJustice and in The Guardian.

What do you think?


Michael said...

I think she's promising but she could maybe use an imaginative producer to spice up her songs a bit.

Paul said...

I voted no based on this song - i think an album wouldn't sustain interest for me. love your description of her. At first glance of the headline i thought you were going to tell me that Tilda was joining Secret Life of an American Teenager or whatever that Juno-esque (without the good writing) show is called. Oh well :)

Phil said...

I like him. He's great.

countpopula said...

Maybe, but based on this song alone, it's hard to say. I know what you mean about Lykke Li--other than the 2 singles, the album was kind of a dud for me, which is a shame because I was really looking forward to it after her work with the Shout Out Louds.

Quicksand doesn't really go anywhere, although I'm usually not one to turn down a synthy tune with this much originality. Ladyhawke is similar, but with much better songs.

Adem With An E said...

Have you heard her other track, Fascination? Unbelievable. I first heard about her on Bigstereo... I think they still have the download link for Fascination over there too.