December 3, 2008

Madonna: Britney? She reminds me of ME ME ME.

Madonna talks about Missspears:



I watched the documentary on Missspears this weekend and have a few comments.

1. This conservatorship sounds fishy. Titney's father just had it extended indefinitely. He is in complete control of her, yet he's a total redneck who makes grits with Velveeta cheese on top. Gack! Explain that to me please.

2. The only person who seemed genuine, or to get Britney, was her choreographer.

3. She looks great in her Circus video, but Good Gravy Marie that trite theme has been beaten down by every pop diva. The whole thing is v v Janet. [Well, Janet before her coochie swelled up and exploded.]

4. I was amused when Britney was out with the Broadway dancers and said she used to be a New Yorker. Right? Not really. I actually felt sorry for her when she later said she used to be a "cool chick."

5. The thing that made me like her the most was the final moment when she said, tongue in cheek, "
I go through life like a karate kid."

6. I still think she's simple as a stump, but that's part of her charm. (shudders)

As for Madonna, her armchair analysis once again all came back to herself. No surprises there. I want to become her friend just to tell her to fuck off! And WHAT IS WRONG WITH MADONNA'S FACE? Did she have new filler for her chicken cutlet cheeks? Has no one told her that they create a strange gap/dimple beneath each one? She gets freakier by the week. A walking Bratz doll.

9 comments:

Salvador Ali said...

Oh yes, Madonna's face is really scary during the interview. I love Britney seems more fascinated by her face than the story she's telling about the tour equipment.

Britney's new album is really good. Not as consistently good as the last one, but impressive none the less. Overall, I'm glad the documentary didn't end up like that Martin Bashir Michael Jackson profile, or like Francis Farmer on This Is Your Life.

xolondon said...

I think Brit Brit already had a few Frances Farmer moments, like beating the car with a bat and being hauled off to the psych ward!

Phil said...

Britney did seem really lost still. But I warmed to her a lot more. There's hope yet for her sanity. But she isn't suddenly going to come out of this totally at ease with everything. I predict an acute case of Liza Minnelli when she's older...

D'luv said...

Haven't watched this doc yet, but will do since it's on MTV like 50 times this week...

countpopula said...

I'm sorry, but this Madonna terrifies me. It's sad when everyone at home thinks she is starting to look like that cat woman, with the distant, slanted eyes. Those cutlet gotta go!

Britney doc was amazing, and it makes me like her a whole lot more. The album is quite good, and actually makes a nice double album with Blackout. The Circus thing has been done a lot, but I like Brit's take on it more than others (especially the morose Xtina version--wasn't that album supposed to be about Big Band music and not circuses anyway?). There were some rather heartbreaking moments of honesty, and I hesitate to say I liked it more than Catlady's Truth or Dare. At least she was more endearing.

Why does Madonna compare herself to Brit so much anyway? She was a lot older when she became famous, she never was "a cute girl", and she tended to provoke the establishment a lot more than simply entertain. I don't think Britney is dim, I just think she knows how to be charming, which can come off as naive.

Apparently the lady of the house likes American cheese on her grits, so it may not be all that uncommon.

will said...

muahahahhahaha

too funny, xo! :')

i am glad you were empathetic. i didn't know what to expect when i saw the subject header. phew.

W

Paul said...

OMFG! I am so sick of Britney - if you didn't see the documentary then it was aired in full on clips on all the entertainment news type shows. GAH! She is so annoyingly everywhere which is actually making me not like her actually ok-ish new album...

anneso78 said...

Madonna's face is scary. I didn't even recognise her when she came to talk to Britney. I was like "must be a friend of hers or something" and then I realised... and gasped!

Brionity said...

Vadge = Giant Praying Mantis.