December 7, 2008

Girls Who Love Boys Who Love Girls



Girls Aloud were cover girls for the October issue of Attitude. In it, they discussed their encounter in the studio with Pet Shop Boys. I thought it was worth pulling for you:

"Do you know what it was like for me?" exclaims Cheryl, almost about to explode with joy. "Neil Tennant came in and taught me a harmony. And I couldn't do it.. because I was so overawed. I always think of meself, as a child in front of the telly, [sings] 'West End Girrrls.'"

"And do you know what?" continues Cheryl. "They are two of the nicest lads you could find. Down to earth, lovely, genuine. Just nice lads to be around. Massive fans. MAS-SIVE fans! It's so weird. You can't wrap your head around it. Brian said, 'They're nervous to come and meet you.' I was going all blotchy and red with me nerves, to meet them. I had greasy hair... I felt so ashamed... and they were embarrassed to meet us!?! For them, to see us as part of the same pop movement is incredible."

And the song is everything I wanted it to be.

Girls Aloud The Loving Kind:



I will tell you that I had a sort of Big Gay Moment when I saw this video. I reconnected to the song - I love 'em and leave 'em - which is one of the best singles of 2008. Lush. In the GA timeline, this will be the Year Of The Sarah AND The Year Of The Nicola.

Girls Aloud This Morning, Nov 5, 2008:



GA gasbagging it on morning "telly." Once again, I could listen to Nadine, Cheryl and Kimberly talk all day.

3 comments:

John said...

You know, for all the bloviating going on in the blogosphere over this track, there really is no getting away from just how great "Loving" really is. Love 'em or hate 'em, GA + PSB = OMG.

D'luv said...

Technically, it'll be a 2009 single... release is Jan. 12.

Adem With An E said...

It's their best clip too, isn't it? For the first time in their video clip history, they COMMAND your attention from start to finish.

Amazing, and the song is mindblowingly good.