November 18, 2008

You set me on fire



Ladyhawke releases her debut album in America today. The iTunes version has a great remix of Back Of The Van (the 7-minute Fred Falke Ultimate Beverly Mix) that is uberlush. Think Christopher Cross meets Tangerine Dream meets Stevie Nicks. Seriously.

Pip looks deluxe in the image above from her new video for My Delirium, probably the best song on the album. Remember this is the THE debut album of the year. For more on Ladyhawke, click on the wee blue tab below.

6 comments:

countpopula said...

I played this CD in my store tonight and sold it to a guy who loves Kelly Clarkson and Katy Perry songs (go figure). He is not necessarily easy to please, but he responded to this immediately. (He kept getting her confused with Lady Gaga though). I'm just glad I can sell it now!

In related news, did you know the Dragonette CD was finally released in the US as well a couple weeks ago? It's about time! I think that could really appeal to those looking for a Gwen fix while she plays mom.

fiftypercent said...

XO, did you hear this yet?

http://vampydoesntstopthemusic.blogspot.com/2008/11/goldfrapp-winter-wonderland-new-song.html

Now all you need is for Roisin to do a version of "I Was Born On Christmas Day" and the hols will be complete!

fiftypercent said...

Sorry, just read your comment at Popjustice! You're way ahead of me on this music malarkey...

xolondon said...

Hello Fiddy - your blog has been great lately!

Count I hope you sell lots of Ladyhawke to the PA kids.

El MarvelOso said...

http://fairtilizer.com/track/11011

Link for a stream of the mix.

will said...

the guitar breakdown in "my delirium" is just mint! i still cannot find this album locally despite amazon canada showing it as being released late september. "paris is burning" is my favourite still, with "magic" evening out the trifecta. FIRE!!!

x

W